The following is a summary of the doctrines which we believe the Bible teaches:
As a founding member congregation in the newly organized Vanguard Presbytery, we subscribe to the teachings of the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms. We believe that the Westminster Confession of faith is the single greatest doctrinal statement ever devised by uninspired authors. We understand it to be a faithful and true summary of the doctrines of grace taught in the Bible. It does not replace the Bible as the source of our faith, but is subordinate to the Scripture. Other credal statements with which we agree are the Apostle’s Creed, the Nicene Creed, the Athanasian Creed, the Canons of Dort, the Heidelberg Catechism, and the Belgic Confession.
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, and is without error. It is infallible in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Trinity; one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe all people are sinners from birth and are unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy and grace in the Gospel.
- We believe God chose believers in Christ before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless before Him in love and has adopted us into His family through Jesus Christ.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who lived a perfect life and died as a sacrifice for the sins of all who will believe in Him alone for salvation.
- We believe we are justified by faith in Christ alone and not on the basis of good works we perform. Our good works are a product of the Holy Spirit in us and a fruit of true faith.
- We believe the church is the body of Christ and is comprised of all those who are true believers in Christ along with their covenant children.
- We believe the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the power to trust and obey.
- We believe Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.